So which is it; trend or fad?
Video marketing is a trend that is not going away; in fact it’s growing! Video is EVERYWHERE! And don’t we love it?!? Here’s a couple fun facts:
- In 2014, 72 hours of video were uploaded to YouTube every minute. (Digimind)
- Today, that number has exploded to 400 hours every minute! Wanna verify it? You can see real time stats, just search every second on YouTube
This trend is not a fading one and projected to become one of the most utilized and valued form of advertising. In 2019, video will account for 80% of global Internet traffic and 85% in the US. (Cisco) Why? Consumers find more value in seeing someone talk about a product/service than reading about it. 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions. (Invodo)
That’s powerful information for online marketing. Consumer confidence can be tough to acquire, knowing the right medium to use makes it less complicated.
How about having a marketing message that is memorable? According to Popvideo, viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. To think about how many times you could verbalize a main selling point in a short video because it’s not just a repetitious line only being read, but heard and visually explained, makes you want to start recording doesn’t it?
Here are some clear advantages to Video Marketing and why its trending upward:
- Live Streaming – It’s becoming more poplar for people to live stream their messages to their consumers. It’s an engaging form of communication and people love that someone is available on the spot to answer questions. There are several small businesses taking advantage of this trend on Facebook. Facebook Business reported that 20% of video are Live Streams. Viewers also tend to watch longer on a Live Feed than a recorded one; we love the little thrill of what can happen in real time.
- Videos are becoming search friendly – Video is becoming searchable with the transcriptions of audio and voice recognition. Now, we’re talking, literally. Closed captioning is another benefit. In addition, Google is enabling video previews to show up in search results. What do you think would get noticed first, a link to a lengthy sales pitch or a video?
- Vlogs – People like to follow vlogs and enjoy the genuine feel they get from the connectivity this platform provides. Vlogging creates an environment of like-minded individuals. Content marketers can also help support their endeavors by using corporate sponsorships and partnership advertising.
- Training – Employers and particularly large employers recognize the advantage to training employees with the same material via video. It cuts down on costs and preparation. Content marketers also monetize this where they can sell the same product over and over again. Not a new concept, but with video marketing increasing these services are in higher demand.
- Video Messaging - Email blasts and follow up communications are getting revamped into video messages and one on one messages. Advances in Smartphone technologies make it simple for businesses to shoot a quick video to a client, saying thank you or offering some support. Thank you letters still hold value, but as marketing develops, videos will hold the same respect. Consumers will appreciate that time was taken to send a personal message (and the increasing cost of postage will only support this).
At the end of the day...
At BT Web Group, we are skilled and practiced in video marketing - Video promotions for businesses, training videos, advertising videos, vlogs and more. We’ve got the right know how and equipment to provide inspiring, professional videos. Yes, video marketing is here to stay and will become a favorite form of advertising for businesses and consumers alike. 70% of consumers say that they have shared a brand’s video. (Wyzowl). There’s a strong possibility that the phrase “word of mouth” may become “watched a video” when a consumer is asked how they heard about you.
Calisa Fitzpatrick - Vice President