Do you want to dominate 2019?
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that social media marketing is here to stay. It’s a necessary part of marketing strategy for any size business in any industry. With the change over to a new year on the calendar, here are three social media marketing trends that will dominate activity throughout this year:
Live video, animated video, pre-recorded video – no matter what type, video is going to be king this year. In fact, experts have predicted that 80% of the content consumed on social media will be video. That’s huge! Consumers love video because they feel more connected to you and your brand. Especially when they can see you, they feel like you are more relatable and more trustworthy. Anytime you can build your “know, like and trust” factor, that’s a win.
If you aren’t currently incorporating video into your social marketing strategy, here are 3 easy ideas to get you started:
- Educate your community with a how-to video – If you have physical products, you can create videos showing how to use them or do a specific task with them. If it’s a service you offer, then creating a how-to video with tips that relate to your service are always a great idea!
- Create a company overview – now is a great time to create a company overview video so that people get to know who you are and what you can do for them. Be sure to make it engaging and personal and don’t forget a call to action at the end!
- Build more trust with a customer testimonial – what better way to have people learn more about you and want to buy your product than a positive customer review! Have a customer record a quick review of your product or service and share it across all of your active social media platforms
Gone are the days when mass marketing emails are the trend. Now, consumers want more personalized attention. Make sure your CRM (customer relationship management) tool allows you to segment your customer list so you can keep track of different types of purchases, clicks, and other activities. When you do send out marketing messages, send them to specific segments so that your customers know you’re paying attention to them.
For example, if you sell shoes, try sending out a special announcement first to those who have actually bought shoes from you before or those interested in a specific type of shoe. Your customer will appreciate that you are thinking of them and their preferences. The key is making their online experience tailored to their likes and dislikes and personalization is the key.
PERSONAL & TIMELY POSTING
Consumers are more and more interested in the people behind the brand so you’ll notice a lot more businesses sharing more personal and in-the-moment posts. There are lots of ways you can accomplish this with your own business:
- Be sure to share things as they happen - Sharing things in the moment help a consumer feel your openness to them. Snap a shot of a birthday celebration in the break-room, share a tidbit about the rain outside your window or even opening up a new case of product as it arrives. These timely posts are huge trust builders!
- Share behind the scenes - Pull back the curtain and let people know how your “magic” happens on a daily basis. Letting them get to know you in this way is a great way to build your relationship with them.
- Offer real-time responses - If someone comments, respond as soon as you can, especially if they have a question about a product or service or need support. Yes, it can be challenging sometimes to feel like you are fielding things 24/7 but there are lots of technology options that can help you manage social listening and responses so you don’t feel 100% chained to your phone or office computer!
2019 Is The Year!
Social media marketing was dominant in 2018 and that trend will continue throughout 2019 and beyond. Since mobile viewing has become the preferred platform, it only makes sense that social media platforms are outperforming desktop applications.
If you don’t have a social media strategy or if you’re not sure how to incorporate these trends into your current plan, we’re happy to help! Give us a call today or email us to set up a personalized social media strategy session!
Holly Kile - Marketing Assistant